Sunday, October 10, 2010

Fall is here!

I love the Fall.  Don't get me wrong I love Summer too, but the Fall brings with it some of my favorite things.  Football, Halloween, watching the leaves change, sitting in my sewing room watching the rain.  And before we know it Thanksgiving and Christmas are here.  I'll miss the warm sunny weather but now its cold enough to pull out my flannel quilt I've been working on. 

The pattern is called fuzzy flannel curves and its by Elia's Backporch.

I bring it out every year when the weather gets nasty.  It gets really hot working with flannel.

Along with my flannel quilt I've also been working on some of my other projects. 

I've cut all the bricks for the colorbrick quilt along, 


added a border to my polka-dot quilt,
took our broken couch back to the store and exchanged it for a new one (thanks mom and dad), made a cake, and I made an Etsy account so that I can start selling my quilts. 

Etsy is like ebay except everything is either handmade or vintage.  I already have some ideas for what I can sell besides quilts.  But for the time being I have one quilt top that's done and ready to be quilted. 

I made this for a store sample but never got around to having it quilted.  Its 72"x61".  I'm hoping to get it done in a week or two so I can try to sell it for Christmas.  I'm also planning to make a few smaller things to sell on Etsy too, table runners, fabric bundles, pot holders, coasters, stuff like that. 

Overall a pretty productive weekend.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment